The owners goals within this beautiful landscape were to be environmentally friendly yet cost conscious. To accomplish this we focused on a few aspects to give the client the best bang for his buck.
1) Orienting the house and windows in order to maximize passive solar gain.
2) Efficiently designing the spaces to create the house on the smallest possible footprint while maintaining the client's spatial program.
3) Implementing vaulted ceilings in order to create a larger feeling interior.
4) Decks on both the south and north sides to extend the living space outside during both warm and cool seasons.
5) Designing the house in 2 foot increments eliminated waste.
And last but not least, after the visiting this home I now know that in either rain or shine, with a beer in hand on the southern deck, or a cup of coffee, when one gazes out of the kitchen windows this home will be a comfort to its owners.